Prevent is a national strategy, delivered by local authority. The Prevent team works to safeguard and supports people who are vulnerable to radicalisation through:
- Training frontline staff in recognising, referring and responding to radicalisation
- Commissioning projects to build capacity, increase resilience and improve understanding of extremism and radicalisation with partners such as schools, colleges, frontline staff, community groups, venues and parents
- A referral service for concerns, which acts as an early intervention service to safeguard vulnerable individuals from radicalisation
Also, delivering community projects to:
- Raise awareness about issues in the community
- Build resilience within local communities
Provide information about what to do if you are concerned about someone who is vulnerable to radicalisation or you think is being radicalised.