What is the Pupil Premium Grant?
The Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) is additional funding which is allocated to schools on the basis of:
- The number of students who are in receipt of Free School Meals (FSM)
- The number of students who are classed as Children Looked After (CLA)
- The number of Service Children
This funding is then used to help ensure that these students can achieve the best possible outcomes.
If you receive any of the benefits listed below then your child will be eligible for Free School Meals and will therefore benefit from PPG funding if we are aware:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs.
Applications for Free School Meals are now online, use the following link: https://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-children/schools/free-school-meals Please contact Reception if you need help completing your application.
Please click here to view our Pupil Premium Statement.