More Records Broken at the District Athletics Championships
More school records were broken at the District Athletics Championships, held at the Dartford Harriers Stadium.
- Branson’s Stanley Cottrell beat his own Year 10 long jump record, jumping 5 metres 18 cm. This was 8cm greater than the record he set on sports day!
- You may remember Stanley just missed out on the school 100 meters record on Sports Day. Well, this time he did it! Today he ran 11.25 seconds, beating the previous record which was 11.31 seconds!
- Da Vinci’s Kyle Eam set a new Year 10 800 metres record, running 2 minutes 22 seconds, beating the school record by 3 seconds!
- Da Vinci’s Mikey Bond set a new Year 8 1500 metres record, running 5 minutes 50 seconds, beating the school record by 5 seconds!
- Our relay teams ran exceptional times in the 4 x 100m races. Unfortunately, they cannot be counted as school relay records (even though they broke them all!), because on Sports Day the boys must race in their communities which was not the case today.
- Year 7 – 59.91 seconds
- Year 8 – 56.56 seconds
- Year 9 – 54.50 seconds
- Year 10: 51.45 seconds
A really enjoyable day in the glorious sunshine. We now wait to receive the overall results.
Colour coded below per Community
Mr S Restarick