‘Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.’
We’d like to congratulate all our students on the outcome of their studies. We know each has continued to go beyond, demonstrating courage and resilience through the challenges of the last few years, and achieving results that will form the stepping stone to their future success.
How will I receive my results?
Results will be sent to students school email account (accessible via Edulink) between 8am and 9am on the following days:
- Thursday 18 August – Y13/14 Results (except GCSE resits)
- Thursday 25 August – Y11 Results (including GCSE resits)
In addition, the school will be open between 9am and 12pm on both days (extended until 2pm on Y11 Results Day to allow Sixth Form enrolment) for students to collect a paper copy of their results.
If parents need to collect on behalf of their son they must have written consent and proof of ID to do so.
It is important students keep a copy of their results safe as they may require them when applying for college or university.
If students have any issues with access to their email please contact email@example.com.
How can I get advice about my results and next steps?
Staff will be available onsite on both days to offer advice about your results or next steps. You can also contact us using these email addresses:
- ‘I have missing or incorrect results’ – please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look into the issue and call you back.
- ‘I need help with my next steps’ – please email email@example.com with the best way to contact you.
- ‘I have a query about returning to NTC in September’ – please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your query and one of our team will contact you.
You can also call us on the normal school number (o1474 533802) between 9am and 12pm on results days, but email will be the quickest way to get through to us.
What do I need to do if I want to appeal a result?
If you wish to query any marks you receive for any of your exams you must first complete a Candidate Consent Form For Results Enquiry. The cost of a remark varies between exam boards. Prices vary between £50 to £70 per paper depending on the exam board. Please check with the exams office for the correct fee.
Please be aware that when requesting a re-mark of an exam paper your mark could go down as well as up or even stay the same.
If you would like to make an enquiry about your result (a review of marking), there are 3 possible outcomes:
- Your original mark will be confirmed as correct and there will be no change to your grade
- Your original mark may be raised and this may or may not result in a change of grade
- Your original mark may be lowered and this may or may not result in a change of grade
In order to proceed with the enquiry, please request a copy of the Candidate Consent Form For Results Enquiry by contacting the Exams Office. It must the be returned to the Exams Office with the correct fee as soon as possible. This tells the Exam OfficesStaff that you have understood what the outcomes could be and that you are happy to proceed.
NO APPLICATIONS CAN BE PROCESSED WITHOUT THE CORRECT FEE
What support is available to prepare me for my next steps?
If you need help with your next steps then staff will be available in reception between 9am and 12pm on both results days. Our Sixth Form team will also be available onsite between 10am and 2pm on GCSE results day to answer any queries and enrol students onto their courses.
What can I do if I’ve changed my mind about where I want to go next?
If you have been rethinking your future and want to discuss with us if our Sixth Form would be the right place for you then please do contact us via email@example.com. We would be more than happy to help.
You’ll find more information by clicking here.