Why choose NTC
There are many reasons why we believe you should choose Northfleet Technology College.
Watch our video and read on below to find out why NTC could be the right choice for you.
Our School Video
Why choose NTC?
- The ambition, breadth and balance of our curriculum will take your breath away. There is an emphasis on STEAM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths and the Creative Arts), along with a wide range of sport and vocational subjects.
- Literacy is our raison d’etre and at the heart of all lessons. This develops oracy and communication skills, building confidence in all our young people.
- Specialist teachers, learning coaches and former professional sportspeople are dedicated to developing the talents and potential in every young person.
- Our unrivalled enrichment programme goes beyond trips and clubs, with innovative programmes and initiatives such as working with Formula 1 to design and build a race car.
- A tailored approach to teaching and learning includes a project based curriculum in KS3 and a community system so that every child is known and valued.
- The development of personal skills and community values is integral to our success: respect, leadership, determination, resilience, perseverance, reflectiveness, independence, kindness, compassion and open-mindedness.
- We thrive in our outstanding building with high quality specialist facilities, resources and advanced technology.
- We have strong partnerships with local primary schools, Gravesham Learning Partnership, Northfleet Cooperative Learning Trust, Greenwich and Kent universities and the Royal Opera House, to name but a few.
- We celebrate success in many ways, including achievement assemblies, sports award evening, headteacher’s awards and personalised celebrations.
- Our vibrant Sixth Form offers a personalised learning environment and high academic standards through the International Baccalaureate Career-Related programme.