Quick Links

Quick Links

Northfleet Technology College

Financial Wellbeing

With today's cost of living crisis, may of our NTC families and friends are facing increased financial pressure just to make ends meet.  In order to best support your child, it is important to maintain your own mental health and wellbeing.

On this page we will signpost organisations ready to support.



Find out what support your might be entitled to.  You could get help with your living costs, benefits and other financial support if eligible.



You can get extra support if your health condition or personal circumstances make it difficult when you contact HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). For example:

  • you have dyslexia, autism or cognitive difficulties
  • you have reduced mobility or physical disabilities
  • you have sensory disabilities, like a visual, hearing or speech impairment
  • you have mental health conditions, like depression, stress or anxiety
  • you’re experiencing financial hardship - for example you cannot afford essentials like food, bills or rent
  • you’re a victim of domestic abuse, including economic abuse
  • you’re in hospital

Find out more



Funded by the UK government, the Household Support Fund scheme supports vulnerable Kent households in need of help with significantly rising living costs.





You can try your local food banks or the Salvation Army. If you have children under 5, you can also try your local children's centre for both food and clothes.

Clothes and furniture

You can try the Salvation ArmyFreecycleGumtree, local Facebook selling pages or your local charity shops. If you have a social worker involved with you or your family, they may look into trying Family Fund with you.

Power and utilities

Speak to your provider first to see if they can offer emergency credit. The British Gas Energy Trust may be able to help, or the Salvation Army.


Energy efficiency or heating grants


Support with energy arrears or debt

Find out whether your energy provider can offer you some help:


Financial advice

  • Citizens Advice can help you check for any benefits or financial support to help you with energy bills or allow for you to make energy improvements to your home.
  • Energy Saving Trust has lots of information about how to save energy at home and some financial advice.
  • Turn2usis a national charity providing financial support to help people get back on track. You can access a benefits calculator and grant search to find charitable funds you may be eligible for.

Other assistance

Support if debt is affecting your mental health

The Mental Health Crisis Breathing Space (MHCBS) service can provide protection to those suffering a mental health crisis who are struggling with debt.