Examination Instructions for Students
- Make sure that you know exactly when your exams are especially whether they are morning or afternoon. All dates and times can be found on your Examination Timetable.
- You need to make sure that you bring in ALL relevant items for each exam, e.g. a calculator for a Maths exam. Please make sure you also bring in pens, pencils, eraser, ruler and a sharpener in a clear pencil case or plastic bag. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE TIPPEX.
- Please ensure you allow enough time to get to school so if you are delayed for any reason e.g. traffic, you will still arrive in good time.
Be outside your exam room at the following times.
Morning exams: 8:45am
Afternoon exams: 12.45pm
You will NOT be entitled to any extra time, should you arrive late for any of your exams. If you arrive more than 30 minutes after the start of any exam, Mrs Foord will decide whether you will be able to sit the exam. The Exam Boards will have to be notified.
If you miss an exam you will NOT be able to do it again. If you are ill and cannot take the exam, you MUST telephone the school immediately and leave a message for Mrs Foord in the examinations office. You MUST provide a sick note from your doctor.
If you do not have a genuine reason for missing an exam you will be charged for that exam.
4. ARRANGEMENTS FOR EXAMS HELD IN THE SPORTS HALL/ACTIVITY HALL
Your examinations timetable will let you know which venue and seat you have been allocated, also there will be a seating plan put up outside the Sports hall the day before each exam. It is down to you to remember where you are seated so check carefully.
5. Wait quietly outside the venue and you will be called in by invigilators to take your seat. You must ensure you sit at the correct table. Once inside the room, Exam Board rules state that you MUST be silent. If there is any communication between any students it will be assumed that you are cheating and will be treated accordingly. You run the risk of your paper being disqualified and those sitting around you are at risk. You must not talk until you leave the exam room.
6. MOBILE PHONES/WATCHES
We cannot stress enough how important it is NOT TO BRING IN MOBILE PHONES MP3 OR ANY OTHER ELECTRONIC DEVICE. Anyone caught with a mobile phone or electronic device whether it is turned off or not will be severely reprimanded by the appropriate Exam Board. You may be disqualified from that exam and also any other exams.
7. You are allowed to bring a clear bottle of drink into the exam room. However you are NOT allowed to bring in the following items: –
Canned or cartons of drinks
Any other food
8. You are not allowed to leave the exam room even if you have finished your exam, so do not ask!
9. If you or your parents have any queries regarding your exams you must forward it to the Exams Office.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR A FIRE DRILL DURING THE EXAMS
We do hope that no fire alarms go off during the exam period, however if one does go off these instructions must be followed in COMPLETE SILENCE.
- Should the fire alarm go off, firstly do not panic. Do not attempt to finish the sentence you are writing.
- You will be asked to leave the room in silence and in the order that you are sitting. Leave all equipment in the exam room.
- When you leave the room you MUST be at least one metre away from the students in front and behind you.
- You will have to be kept separate from the rest of the school. You will be instructed by Mrs Foord where you should assemble on the school field. Do not go to your usual assembly point.
- When you return to your exam room, do not start writing until the invigilator tells you to do so.
LISTEN CAREFULLY TO INSTRUCTIONS AND DO NOT PANIC
Contact details for the Examinations Office
Mrs Foord – 01474 543628