Examination Instructions for Students
- Make sure that you know exactly when your exams are especially whether they are morning or afternoon. All dates and times can be found on your Statement of Entry.
- You need to make sure that you bring in ALL relevant items for each exam, e.g. a calculator for a Maths exam. Please make sure you also bring in pens, pencils, eraser, ruler and a sharpener in a clear pencil case or plastic bag. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE TIPPEX OR HIGHLIGHTER PENS ON YOUR EXAMINATION ANSWER PAPER.
- Please ensure you allow enough time to get to school so if you are delayed for any reason e.g. traffic, you will still arrive in good time.
Be at your exam room at the following times.
Morning exams: 8:45am
Afternoon exams: 12.45pm
You will NOT be entitled to any extra time, should you arrive late for any of your exams. If you arrive more than 30 minutes after the start of any exam, Mrs Foord will decide whether you will be able to sit the exam. The Exam Boards will have to be notified.
If you miss an exam you will NOT be able to do it again. If you are ill and cannot take the exam, you MUST telephone the school immediately and leave a message for Mrs Foord in the examinations office 01474 543628 You MUST provide a sick note from your doctor.
If you do not have a genuine reason for missing an exam you will be charged for that exam.
Arrangements for Exams
Please line up in the heart of the school at least 15 minutes before the start of your exam.
Wait quietly, the invigilator will need to call your name to seat you in the correct seat. Once inside the room, Exam Board rules state that you MUST be silent. If there is any communication between any students it will be assumed that you are cheating and will be treated accordingly. You must not talk until you leave the exam room.
We cannot stress enough how important it is NOT TO BRING IN MOBILE PHONES. Anyone caught with a mobile phone, whether it is turned off or not will be severely reprimanded by the appropriate Exam Board. You may be disqualified from that exam and also any other exams.
You are allowed to bring a clear bottle of drink into the exam room. However you are NOT allowed to bring in the following items: Canned or cartons of drinks, chewing Gum, any other food
You are not allowed to leave the exam room even if you have finished your exam, so do not ask!
If you or your parents have any queries regarding your exams you must forward it to the Exams Office.
Instructions for a fire drill during the exams
We do hope that no fire alarms go off during the exam period, however if one does go off these instructions must be followed in COMPLETE SILENCE.
- Should the fire alarm go off, firstly do not panic. Do not attempt to finish the sentence you are writing.
- You will be asked to leave the room in silence and in the order that you are sitting. Leave all equipment in the exam room.
- When you leave the room you MUST be at least one metre away from the students in front and behind you.
- You will have to be kept separate from the rest of the school. You will be instructed by Mrs Foord where you should assemble on school field. Do not go to your usual assembly point.
- When you return to your exam room, do not start writing until the invigilator tells you to do so.
LISTEN CAREFULLY TO INSTRUCTIONS AND DO NOT PANIC
GCE/VCE Results Day: Thursday 18th August 2016 9am – 12pm
GCSE/GNVQ Results Day: Thursday 25th August 2016 9am – 1pm
Results need to be collected from the school on results day.
If you cannot collect please provide a stamped self addressed envelope or an email address to Mrs Foord in the Exams Office.
*If you wish to query any marks you receive for any of your exams you must first complete a consent form. The cost of a remark varies between exam boards. Prices vary between £30 to £55 per paper depending on the exam board. Please check with the exams office for the correct fee.
Please be aware that when requesting a re-mark of an exam paper your mark could go down as well as up or even stay the same.
POST RESULTS CONSENT FORM
If you would like to make an enquiry about your result (a re-mark), there are 3 possible outcomes:
- Your original mark will be confirmed as correct and there will be no change to your grade
- Your original mark may be raised and this may or may not result in a change of grade
- Your original mark may be lowered and this may or may not result in a change of grade.
In order to proceed with the enquiry you must fill out the consent form below and return it to the Examinations Office with the correct fee as soon as possible. This tells the Exam Office Staff that you have understood what the outcomes could be and that you are happy to proceed.
NO APPLICATIONS CAN BE PROCESSED WITHOUT THE CORRECT
CANDIDATE CONSENT FORM FOR RESULTS ENQUIRY
Centre Name: Northfleet Technology College
Centre Number: 61175
Candidate Name: _______________________________________________
Candidate Number: ______________________________
Level: GCSE/A LEVEL/GNVQ/VCE (Circle as appropriate)
Units: _______________________________ (A Level only)
Exam Board: _______________________________
I give my consent to the Head of my Examinations Centre to make an enquiry about the result of the examination(s) listed above. In giving consent I understand that the final subject grade awarded to me may be lower than, higher than or the same as the grade which was originally awarded for this subject.